Pryor, OK 74361
The Production trainee will gain an understanding and be able to perform the duties of entry level positions within the production team once trained. Will be trained to operate a lift truck and stock prep or finished goods. Will work on production team on paper machine and assigned duties based on mill needs
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- To work safely in a manufacturing environment
- Gain an understanding of the mill layout.
- General mill housekeeping
- Perform pre-use inspections on lift trucks.
- Operate a lift truck to handle wastepaper and load the stock prep conveyor with bales of wastepaper
- Scan/record wastepaper as it is being loaded onto the conveyor
- Perform pre-use inspections on lift trucks
- Report any safety or mechanical issues in the assigned work area
- Remove paper rolls from the production line and place in storage
- Operate a lift truck to load finished paper rolls onto container, vans or flatbeds trucks
- Create shipping manifests
- Work with the paper team to address needs on the paper machine such as recovering from paper breaks, installing clothing and ropes on the machine
- Assists in paper machine startups and shutdown.
- All other duties as assigned
- A strong commitment to safety
- Computer skills.
- Fast paced industrial background.
- Ability Work 12-hour shifts (rotating days and nights)
- Experience operating lift truck
- Ability to understand and learn manufacturing principles.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work as a productive team member in a team-oriented organization.
- Good communication skills.
- Prefer SAP experience.
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance record
No felonies or misdemeanors accepted. Must pass a drug screen and have excellent attendance.