Water/Wastewater Maintenance Superintendent
Pryor, OK 74361
The Water/Wastewater Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for supervising 2 full-time employees which include facility maintenance mechanics and works closely with an assigned Supervising Civil Engineer. The Superintendent will plan, organize, coordinate, administer and direct the maintenance of the water treatement plants, wastewater treatment plant and all lift stations.
The Water/Wastewater Maintenance Superintendent will:
- Plan, coordinate and administer maintenance of all water and wastewater facilities.
- Direct facilities and electrical maintenance and construction activites
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively in order to provide qualifty, seamless customer service.
- Develops and implements management systems, procedures and standards for program evaluation.
- Directs the preparation and administration of the devision budget by working with superiors and recommending modifications and replacement of plant equipment.
- Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activitity, pumping logs and equipment runtimes.
- Assists with planning, testing, scheduling and implementation of maintenance and operational activities designed to provide quality water service.
- Directs the selection, supervision, work evaluation and discipline of division staff and provides for their training and development. Evaluates employees' performance on at least an annual basis.
- Coordinates maintenance and all components of PLC/SCADA system.
- Supervises the maintenance and control of materials and supplies for facility maintenance operations.
- Tracks and maintains a spare parts list of inventory.
- Quickly identify plant operating problems and initiate corrective adjustments by improving the preventative and corrective maintenance process.
- Prepares or reviews reports for the management, trustees and other organizations.
- Ensures compliance of department activities to pertinent codes, rgulations and guidelines.
- Monitors developments related to facilities, maintenance and electrical maintenance, evaluates their impact and implements policy and procedure improvements.
- Prepares and maintains written records and correspondence; integrates new program activities into maintenance schedules and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Scope, bid and manage maintenance and construction contracts and service agreements.
- Collaborates with OOWA engineers, reviews plans and partners with outside contractors as needed.
- Coordinates outages of plant equipment with internal an external entities.
- Able to make operating adjustments on mechanical plant equipment.
- Enforces safe practices in the performance of duties in accordance with OSHA policies.
- Ensures compliance with all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ) regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A High School Diploma supplemented by college-level coursework in electrical or mechanical engineering or closely related field.
- Class D Water and Wastewater Operator's License issued by Oklahoam Department of Environmental Quality
- Valid Class D OK driver license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- 7 years of increasingly responsible facilities or electrical construction experience
- 3 years maintenance experience as a lead maintenance supervisor.
- Knowledge of SCADA operating systems for Water and Wastewater Facilities and IT related knowledge.
- Ability to manage, lift 50 lbs, climb stairs and ladders, pass a pulmonary function test and wear a level A suit with an SCBA.
- Ability to be on-call when emergency situations arise after-hours and on weekends and holidays with a response time of 30 minutes.