Relief Operator/Maintenance Tech
Pryor, OK 74361
The Water Plant Relief Operator is responsible for the execution of Water Plant operations to produce clean water as efficiently and economically as possible. This will be done by monitoring the SCADA system, by sampling water within the Water Plant, and by physically checking all pumps and processes while staying in compliance of safety rules. Monitors Plant II (remote location, as well as Wastewater Treatment Plant and West Lift Station on night shifts, weekend and holidays. Other duties as assigned.
The Relief Operator/Maintenance Tech will be responsible for:
- Operator day shift coverage (6: 30am - 2: 30pm) each Thursday.
- Providing coverage during other operator's absences.
- Maintaining a continuing check on the proper efficient operation at the water plant facility and remotely by monitoring conditions, meters and guages.
- Performing lab analysis.
- Recording data, chemical deliveries and communicate issues/concerns to next operator on shift.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Maintaining on-line water analysis instruments.
- Reading, monitoring and verifying water meter readings.
- Being on-call for emergencies
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Inspecting equipment or monitoring operating conditions, meters, and guages to determine load requirements and detect malfunctions.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A high school diploma or GED, additional college or technical training is preferred.
- Valid Class C OKDEQ water operator license required with the ability to achieve a Class B license within 18 months.
- Valid Class C OKDEQ water operator lab license.
- 40-hour Hazwoper training (or the ability to enroll/complete training) with 8-hour renewals each year.
- Valid Class D Oklahoma Driver License
- 5 years of maintenance experience or water plant operations (municipal or water plant operations preferred)
- The ability to lift 50 lbs and work in various weather conditions, climb stairs and ladders and pass a fit test for SBCA use.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word and SCADA.