CNC Machinist 1st Shift
5663 S Mingo Road , Suite L Tulsa, OK 74146 | Temp to Hire
The role of the machinist is to set up and operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines to machine parts with no assistance. Machining of tooling, production parts, and fixtures within the confines of scheduled delivery dates and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
The essential function of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Study blueprints, sketches, and customer specifications to properly set-up and run conventional and CNC Machines.
- Select, align, secure, and “COMP” cutting tools and material on machines.
- Proof programs and make minor edits when necessary. Create minor programs when needed.
- Coat tooling and fixtures with rust preventative.
- Start and observe machine to detect and malfunctions or out of tolerance machining.
- Fill out daily production and conformance paperwork.
- Meet production and quality requirements and standards.
- Willingness to communicate with other team members, share knowledge, and train fellow teammates when needed.
- Organize, maintain, and clean work area
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory:
- Experience with CNC lathe and mill machine operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of instruction, including blueprints, diagrams, and work instructions.
- Knowledge operating and comprehending inspection tools to ensure quality and conformance.
- Strong analytical skills and practical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities
- How many years of CNC experience do you have?