CNC Laser Programmer
Muskogee, OK | Temp to Hire
CNC Programmers are responsible for interpreting engineering blueprints to program flat pattern layouts of parts using CAD/CAM software into state-of-the-art laser cutting machines that outline and cut specific parts for fabrication of ACME products.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in CNC programming using a recognized CAD/CAM system and possess skills to interpret and write programs manually using drawings created in AutoCAD/Solid works that support set up procedures for G-M Code programs; effective oral and written skills, excellent computer skills, analytical ability, and exceptional attention to detail is required.
This is a 2nd shift position, 3pm-1:30am, but training will be provided on day shift. Starting pay is $12-$20 based on experience. Work hours may be adjusted due to workloads. Paid training is provided. A full benefit package that includes premium pay, medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K with company match, is available upon permanent hire date.
- Review CAD work specifications, work orders, blueprints, and production schedules
- Develop and write programs for laser CNC machine to meet design specifications
- Troubleshooting of minor to moderately complex issues
- Demonstrate accountability and flexibility
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned
- Must report to work on a timely basis and maintain attendance in accordance with ACME policies
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Sufficient experience to understand and perform the essential functions of the position, usually associated with the completion of an internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
Working environment is indoors in an office setting but occasionally required to perform duties in the plant.
Physical requirements include arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity enough to use a keyboard and telephone; occasional lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds; may be subject to walking, standing, sitting, reaching, bending, and handling; vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform the essential tasks. While performing the duties of this job, the CNC Programmer is occasionally exposed to moving machines, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet but often requires personal protective equipment while performing duties in the plant. (Safety glasses and earplugs).
Disclaimer: This summary of job duties is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions experienced with the job. While this summary of job duties is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities