300 W. Shawnee St. Suite C , Muskogee, OK 74403 Fort Gibson, OK 74434
Fort Gibson, OK
Currently looking for an Automation Technician to fill an opening with a company located in Muskogee, OK. Interested candidates must be able to use RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, or RSLogix 5 software for machine troubleshooting and read and understand electrical schematics.
Responsibilities of the Automation Technician
- Troubleshoot machine control systems that contain PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- Provide support for production as part of the maintenance team.
- Help with machine change over, preventative maintenance, and repair when required.
- Develop positive and respectful interactions with managers, supervisors, maintenance technicians, and machine operators.
- Participate in continuous improvement culture.
- Follow safe working practices.
The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, touch and manipulate items.
- Occasionally stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, twist and walk.
- Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus as well as be able to effectively see and process computer generated images on a screen or hand-held device.
- Ability to walk within a manufacturing plant environment as necessary.
- Ability lift up to 50 pounds as necessary.
These Job Requirements in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their manager or supervisor.
Pay rate could be around $20-$22 depending on experience.
Interview is required.
Requirements for the Automation Technician
- Must be able to use RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, or RSLogix 5 software for machine troubleshooting.
- Must be able to go online with Controllogix, Compactlogix, SLC 500, or PLC5 using either Ethernet IP, DH+, or RS232. Must be able to download PLC program if necessary.
- Must be able to replace Panelview and download the application using Panelbuilder 32.
- Must be able to replace Panelview Plus and download the application using RSView Studio Machine Edition.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Must be able to replace and configure AB Powerflex 40, 400, and 525 VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and Yaskawa V1000 and P1000 VFDs.
- Must be able to replace and configure AB Kinetix or Pacific Scientific servo drives. Ability to download a configuration file to servo drive if necessary.
- Must be able to use a multimeter and work in control panels with up to 480VAC.
- Must be able to use a Megger to test if a motor is good or bad.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Microsoft Exchange.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.