Fort Gibson, OK | Temp to Hire
As a key member of the Maintenance Team the Boiler Operator reports directly to Maintenance Manager. The Boiler Operator must be able to perform maintenance repairs and have adequate knowledge of the boiler operation and other equipment related to heating and cooling.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clean boilers inside and out to remove soot and other residue from floors, fireside, boiler tubes, water hoses and hand tools.
- Inspect for cracks and other defects
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble boiler parts as necessary to facilitate cleaning of the boiler and it's working parts.
- Takes boilers off line for preparation to replace the boiler online.
- Check boilers on a daily basis to ensure proper function.
- Replace or repair defective or damaged parts.
- Performs various cleaning duties such as; sweeping , dusting, vacuuming, lubricating equipment, painting floors, pipes, and fixtures.
- Replace packing, repairs leaks in steam lines and assists in major repairs as directed by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Reads and records data from various instrumentation devices.
- Maintain chemical treatment of boilers to keep boilers and piping from deteriorating.
- In charge of scheduling annual 3rd party inspections.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma / GED
- General understanding of Maintenance
Additional Skill Sets:
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Walk for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met bay an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to finder, handle, touch and manipulate items.
- Speak and/or hear
- Stand for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
- Occasionally stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, twist and walk.
- Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus as well as be able to effectively see and process computer generated images on a screen or hand-held device.